Custom testing arrangements
What are custom testing arrangements
Examination candidates with a professionally-recognized diagnosis of a disability, impairment, condition or disorder that may prevent them from writing the exam in the usual method or environment may request custom testing arrangements such as the following:
- a separate room for writing the exam
- extra time
- adjustable contrast
- font size
- assistive personnel (i.e. readers)
- sign language interpreters
Exams offering custom testing arrangements
How to make a request
- Complete the custom testing arrangements form. You must include confirmation of the diagnosis from a qualified health professional.
- Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are submission deadlines to requesting custom testing arrangements, depending on the exam. It is best to contact the CARNA Examination Coordinator for information three to four months in advance of your test date.
All information is submitted directly to CARNA and is kept confidential. If we grant the request for custom testing arrangements, we will communicate only the type of accommodation required to the exam provider. No other information is shared with the exam provider.