Provisional permit holders FAQ
Graduate nurse permit FAQ
- How can my GN registration status be verified?
- What are my responsibilities as a GN practising in Alberta?
- How long is my permit valid?
- What if I need to renew my permit?
- What happens if I fail the NCLEX-RN exam?
- Can CARNA assist me with finding employment as a GN in Alberta?
- Why are there conditions on my permit?
- How much does the permit cost?
- When can I call myself an RN?
- Do I have professional liability protection as a GN?
- What is the continuing competence program and do I need to participate?
- If I have conditions on my permit can I request a review of the decision?
- What is the difference between provisional practice permits (GN) and RN practice permits?
How can my GN registration status be verified?
For yourself: Sign in to MyCARNA and open your practice permit. If required, you can print a copy of your permit and receipt.
For employers: All employers have access to the employer verification site where they can see permit effective and expiry dates, registration categories, registration number and any conditions or restrictions.