Provisional permit holders FAQ
Graduate nurse permit FAQ
- How can my GN registration status be verified?
- What are my responsibilities as a GN practising in Alberta?
- How long is my permit valid?
- What if I need to renew my permit?
- What happens if I fail the NCLEX-RN exam?
- Can CARNA assist me with finding employment as a GN in Alberta?
- Why are there conditions on my permit?
- How much does the permit cost?
- When can I call myself an RN?
- Do I have professional liability protection as a GN?
- What is the continuing competence program and do I need to participate?
- If I have conditions on my permit can I request a review of the decision?
- What is the difference between provisional practice permits (GN) and RN practice permits?
Can CARNA assist me with finding employment as a GN in Alberta?
No, you are responsible for finding GN employment. You must apply to CARNA and be issued a provisional permit before beginning work, including any orientation period.