Become a nurse
New to nursing? Or just new to Alberta? Take your next step to becoming a registered nurse in Alberta. A registered nurse or nurse practitioner career in Alberta is filled with opportunity. We wish you well as you embark on the process to practise in Alberta.
If you completed your nursing education outside of Canada, here's what you need to know to apply to practise in Alberta.
If you are or were registered and/or practised in parts of Canada outside of Alberta, learn what's required to practise in this province.
Find out costs for assessments, permits, exams and registration.
- Approved nursing education programs
- English language proficiency
- Exam requirement
- Currency of practice
- Fitness to practice (FTP)
- Jurisprudence 2020 course
- Reporting criminal history
- Protecting Patients from Sexual Abuse and Misconduct course
- Continuing competence program
- Prescribing CDS for nurse practitioners