34. Specialty Practice Groups
A Specialty Practice Group (SPG) shall be defined as a group of members of the College
- with a common interest in a defined area of nursing or a common interest in a social concern directly or indirectly affecting the practice of nursing, and
- whose interests are not already represented by an SPG affiliated with the College.
- The policies of the College shall provide for the affiliation of appropriate SPGs.
34.3. Removal of Recognition as Specialty Practice Group
SPG affiliation with CARNA will be removed by Council in the event that:
- activities of the group are contrary to the Act, Council Regulations or Bylaws under which CARNA operates; or
- contrary to the objectives, vision, mission, values or positions of CARNA, or
- the group does not fulfil the requirements it agreed upon when first affiliated; or
- the group wishes to disaffiliate or dissolve.